vrijdag 16 november 2018

Overall Party

Maybe you can remember my previous post about the thing with the overalls here in Finland (if you don't, go read it!). This week we finally got the change to show our hard work of hours of sewing patches on our bright yellow overalls. It was time for an overall party! 

During our stay here in Finland we already collected a bunch of patches to put on our overalls, but we could never find a needle and thread to sew them on our overalls. When my mother came, she brought some with her so I could finally start sewing them on! 

Never thought it would be so much work, but after many hours, after sticking myself with the needle and sewing my trousers together, I was finally done. And I must say, it turned out pretty good. 

Because Emma and I have the yellow overall, it represents the nurses, every Finn thought we were Finnish too. When we told them we couldn't speak Finnish, they were quite surprised, because normally the exchange students wear the blue overalls from the ESN organisation. So we blended in pretty well with the Finnish students. 

The overall party was the best party we had attended in Finland, don't know if it was because of the overalls or the nice people we met, but we had a blast! 

Nähdään!

Aniek


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Lähdetään!

Or make it a little bit easier, let's go!  My first blogpost... Writing this while sitting in my room in Turku, Finland - 1.667 km f...