woensdag 5 september 2018

Counting down

Help! That was the only word that I was repeating to myself all day long, the week before leaving to Finland.
What do I need to pack? Will everything fit into my suitcase? Did I forget to buy anything? Can we find everything at the airport? What if we can't find the apartment? What if I don't like it there?


On the other hand, I was looking forward to see how Finland as a country would be, what things we would see, fantasizing about the trips we could make. 

The week before leaving was full of getting my stuff together, saying goodbye to friends and family and counting down the days.









*side note. How did I forget to mention this?! Lucky me, I did not came alone to Turku. Together with my classmate and good friend Emma, we made the decision to study abroad. So now she is not only my friend, but also my travel buddy.

So the months before THE day, we were in this together, making plans and getting shit done. So if you are reading this Emma; thank you for listening to me all the times I was freaking out and stressing about things that didn't really mattered. Glad to be here with you!

August 24th 2018. Leaving day!

And then there was the relief, everything fitted into the suitcase - well, kind of...
Woke up right on time - read, hours before my alarm went off. The car looked like our whole family was going on a holiday, but me, myself and all of my stuff were finally on our way to the airport.

The nerves were present, but luckily I had Emma by my side. It was so weird to say goodbye to everyone, it felt like we were going on a holiday for a week or something, not like we were leaving till the end of the year. But besides that we were nervous as f*ck, we were also really excited to go on this new adventure!





After what felt like an eternity, we arrived at Turku airport. I was just very relieved that we survived, because of the small plane who flew us from Stockholm to Turku.


Like real adults we took a cab to our apartment, which we are very happy with! We both have our own room, a nice bathroom and kitchen, and even a little balcony. From what we saw through the window of the plane and cab, Turku looked like we imagined. Like the pictures, surrounded by trees and nature. It won't give you the feeling that you are in a city.


Exhausted from travelling, we ordered a real Finnish dish - take-away pizza, the best one ever. While laying in bed, thinking about what our time in Finland will bring us.


Nähdään!


Aniek






1 opmerking:

  1. Leuke post!!!!! Hoop dat jullie samen een geweldige ervaring hebben in Turku. Ik ben ontzettend trots op je. Je doet dit toch maar xxxxx

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen

Lähdetään!

Or make it a little bit easier, let's go!  My first blogpost... Writing this while sitting in my room in Turku, Finland - 1.667 km f...