vrijdag 7 december 2018

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow

While our time here is coming closer to the end, also the days here in Finland are getting shorter and shorter... 

By the time that the sun decides to show herself, it's almost 9.30 in the morning, and still, it will stay a little dark. We can only enjoy the light for a few hours a day because the sunset will start around 15.30 already. So the days are short and it looks a little sad.. 
I'm really wondering how the days will be in Lapland, where we are way more north than here in Turku. But I can imagine that we will only see a few hours of daylight. 

But with the days becoming shorter, we also welcomed some snow here in Turku! For me it is a long time ago that I saw snow this early in the year (we had the first snow here in Turku at the end of November). While I'm writing this the snow is falling from the sky, and I really hope that we can enjoy it for a few days. 

It really feels like winter here and with all the Christmas lights in town, we are totally in the Christmas vibe because of that. Emma and I are spending Christmas here in Finland, so I hope we will experience a real Finnish Christmas. But to be honest, it's bittersweet. Spending Christmas here is a nice experience and a good ending of our time here. But with all the other exchange students going home to their family already, it makes me miss home a little bit more.. 

Luckily I'm not alone, I have Emma by my side, so we're going to make the best of it and we will make it a Christmas we will never forget. 

Nähdään!

Aniek 

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Lähdetään!

Or make it a little bit easier, let's go!  My first blogpost... Writing this while sitting in my room in Turku, Finland - 1.667 km f...