woensdag 28 november 2018

Spending money

Spending money like I won the lottery.

If you would ask me on what I spend my money during this exchange period, the first thing I would say is food. We spend a lot of money on food. And not because Emma and I eat a lot (okay, maybe that is a small part of the reason), but because food here in Finland is quite expensive.

Most of the time Emma and I do our grocery shopping at the supermarket Lidl, just like the one we have in the Netherlands. But here in Finland, you have to pay much more for the same product as back home. The first time that we went grocery shopping we were quite shocked about the amount of money we had to pay. And not only this first time, every other time we went we tried to calculate how much we would have to pay and every time it turned out in that we had to pay way more.

Emma and I made it like a sport to get our weeks as cheap as possible, and I must say that these last few weeks went better than before. We are getting quite good at it.

Maybe it's because our parents brought a lot of food or maybe we now know how we can shop better and what we really need, but our cabins and fridge is filled up with food and we spent a little less.

So hopefully, by the time that we are real adults, we can shop like we know how to spend our money the best.

Nähdään!

Aniek


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Lähdetään!

Or make it a little bit easier, let's go!  My first blogpost... Writing this while sitting in my room in Turku, Finland - 1.667 km f...