woensdag 21 november 2018

Moving trough Turku

I have to admit, the public transport here in Turku is quiet on point. I'm sorry Holland, you can learn a lot from this. 

First of all the buses are almost never late, they will arrive right on time to take you to your next destination. Sometimes quiet frustrating because that means I have to run a lot to catch the bus, but hey good for my condition and running skills right?
Unlike how it works in the Netherlands, the bus will not stop if none of the people that are standing in line raises their hand. Someone has to do it! 
Another thing is that you have to make sure that you are focused on the road and not on your phone, so you can see when the bus is almost their, to avoid that you only see the bus when it's already passing you.... 

The payment for the bus works almost the same as in the Netherlands. We bought a monthly pass and with this pass we can use the bus as many times as we like. Every month we have to pay again for the next month. When you don't have this pass, you can buy a ticket in the bus, which you can use for the next two hours. 

The bus is not the only transport thing you can use in Turku. Emma and I also rented a bike for our time here, because you know, Dutch people know how to ride the bike and we thought it would be nice to go somewhere whenever we wanted. 
But time is passing by and we adjusted ourselves to the Finnish lifestyle and took the bus many, many times. I'm wondering how my friend the bike is doing in the storage room.... I think we used it like six times and I hope I didn't forgot how to ride the bike by now, oops. 

For this weekend Emma and I rented a car, so then we can see what the traffic is like here in Finland. Hopefully they can see that I still have my drivers licence, so we can enjoy this roadtrip! 

Nähdään!

Aniek






Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Lähdetään!

Or make it a little bit easier, let's go!  My first blogpost... Writing this while sitting in my room in Turku, Finland - 1.667 km f...