zondag 21 oktober 2018

Bringing home to Finland

Dutch apple pie
It was time for some real Dutch apple pie!

Emma and I wanted to make something what reminded us of home, so we decided to make apple pie.
It was a bit of struggle to find the ingredients, the names are different then the ones that we use. But we figured it out and got the right ones. It was so fun to make and for a moment it felt like home.

I wanted to talk about this because this was not the first time that I ate apple pie here in Finland. I ate a piece at my first placement and last week at my current. Both were different and both were nothing like the Dutch one. They were good, but grandma's apple pie will always be the best.

Finnish apple pie

It is funny to see that in different countries they have the same name for a pastry, but that it's a totally different thing and looks and taste nothing like each other.
But I don't complain when I have to eat it, in the end it's sweet and it's food, so it will make me a happy girl.

Nähdään!

Aniek

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Lähdetään!

Or make it a little bit easier, let's go!  My first blogpost... Writing this while sitting in my room in Turku, Finland - 1.667 km f...