donderdag 13 september 2018

What did you say? Part 2.

Hei! Mitä kuuluu? Minä olen Aniek, minä olen 20 vuotta, minä olen Hollanntia.

Well, I survived my first Finnish class! A lots of 'Minä olen' in one sentence, but hey; I can say something in Finnish now.

The Finnish language is such a strange language to me, but I liked the class so much. I am really looking forward to get a hang of it, and can have kind of a conversation with a Finnish speaking person.

We only have a course for Finnish for nine weeks, so that's a really short time to learn a language you are not familiar with. The pronouncing of the letters and words are really different from the Dutch language, so that's a bit challenging. But on the other hand, if it was that simple it would be quite boring right?

Apart from following the Finnish class, we visited Naantali, a town near Turku.

We thought it was time to check out the area around Turku. So full of spirit we took the bus to Naantali. It seemed like a really nice town. There are a lot of cute streets with colorful houses. This was exactly what we imagined how Finland would look.
Naantali is build around the water, so there was a nice, little harbor, with all kinds of restaurants and diners. But then it started... The sun disappeared and storm clouds were brewing over Naantali.
It started raining like hell, we saw some lightning and heard some thunder. So that was our trip to Naantali so far.

Apart from the bad weather Naantali looked great to us, so we are definitely planning on going again.
 

































                       

A thing that we noticed, that is slightly different from what we are used to in the Netherlands, is that people in Finland are having a big meal for lunch. And then I am not talking about lots of bread and the stuff the Dutch people are eating for lunch, when I am talking about the big lunches I am talking about all kinds of food that we would normally eat for dinner. Another fun fact about the lunch here in Finland is that the people here eat their lunch really early. And then I mean like REALLY early. The first people will start with eating their lunch around 10.30 am. In the morning. 
Did you get that? Lunch in the morning! I think I am in heaven. I am a human being that can eat all day, every day. So I think that I am able to get used to that. #teamalwayshungry.

Next to this fact I want to share something else with you guys. Close to our apartment is a lake. It is is so beautiful and peaceful there. I drove there a couple days ago on my bike (how more Dutch can it be, right?), and just sat there and read a book. It's the perfect spot to just be with yourself.
I think it is so nice that a city like Turku, has spots like this. 



So that was it for now, hope you guys enjoyed my brain dump.

Nähdäan!

Aniek



2 opmerkingen:

Lähdetään!

Or make it a little bit easier, let's go!  My first blogpost... Writing this while sitting in my room in Turku, Finland - 1.667 km f...