maandag 24 september 2018

Breaking the fast

While  I am writing this, I just started my shift at my practical. You must be thinking right now "Then why aren't you doing something instead of writing a post?". Well my colleagues are having their second coffee break and are eating their breakfast.

Yeah, you've read that right. They are breaking the fast at work. And not with a small bite or eating a slice of bread real fast. No they are eating a full breakfast here at work to start the day. The yogurt, granola, oats and fruit will appear on the table. And what is all that thick fruit syrup about?! (It looks so freaking good, maybe I have to ask where they buy it). And is putting salt on your oats a normal thing or am I the only one that thinks that this is a little bit strange? And of course, how can I forget about that, also the coffee is present. Including lots of milk.

Having this kind of breakfast at work is something that I am not used to at all.
I am the kind of person that needs to eat before leaving the house, otherwise I just feel like I am gonna pass out.
*Side note: and I don't want to let that happen again at my practical....
Also at my practical back home this wasn't a thing.

So the first time I saw the breakfast thing here, I was kind of surprised. But on the other side, it has something cosy. All of the colleagues having their breakfast together, chatting and making jokes (that I can't understand for a bit...)

So, managing board of the hospitals in Holland, if you are reading this, let the nurses break their fast at work!

Now, lets go back to work!

Nähdään!

Aniek

1 opmerking:

  1. Geweldig!!!! Lijkt mij ook wel wat om mijn ontbijt op mn werk te veroberen ;-)
    Weet je inmiddels wat die ‘syrup’ is?

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen

Lähdetään!

Or make it a little bit easier, let's go!  My first blogpost... Writing this while sitting in my room in Turku, Finland - 1.667 km f...